[Off Topic] Re: www.freebsd.org won't load in IE 7.x in vista box.

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Wed Oct 17 16:44:28 PDT 2007

On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 23:23:48 +0100, Benjamin A'Lee wrote:

> Unfortunately, Firefox isn't always an option, especially on e.g.
> corporate networks.

Actually, I believe it is.  I run around with a memory stick
(well, actually, two of them, but only because I never really
got my act together) loaded with software to make Windows at
least partly useful.  Firefox is one of the programs I typically
have loaded on this stick.  This avoids installing Firefox on
every Windows system I encounter.

But I believe Firefox is also one of the few pieces of software
that can be installed on a Windows system without administrator
privileges; you just install it in the user account space, and
the Windows system will remember it with the rest of the "user
account settings" and not trouble other users of that system
with it.

But I'll also have to acknowledge we're getting well off topic
for this list here.  So I'll shut up now.

--
David Benfell, LCP
benfell at parts-unknown.org
---
Resume available at http://www.parts-unknown.org/
NOTE: I sign all messages with GnuPG (0DD1D1E3).