postgresql and initdb

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Wed Oct 17 12:01:45 PDT 2007

I've installed PostgreSQL here on FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE, and I'm a little
confused by the presence of the initdb(1) manpage and absence of an
initdb command.

  # locate initdb
  /usr/local/man/man1/initdb.1.gz
  /usr/ports/databases/postgresql73-server/files/patch-src-bin-initdb-Makefile
  /usr/ports/databases/postgresql74-server/files/patch-src-bin-initdb-Makefile
  /usr/ports/www/rt2/files/patch-tools-initdb

Any hints?

Phillip J. Haack: "Productivity is not about speed. It's about velocity.
You can be fast, but if you're going in the wrong direction, you're not
helping anyone."