FreeBSD support for Jetway J7F4

Erik Norgaard norgaard at locolomo.org
Wed Oct 17 11:33:44 PDT 2007

Hi:

I have searched around to verify that everything works fine for this
motherboard with integrated CPU: Jetway J7F4. I understand it has a
CN700 north bridge and a VT8237R or VT8237RP south bridge, and Realtek
RLT8110SC dual LAN.

I have found reports that FreeBSD hangs when doing ifconfig re1 up, has
this been solved? Does it work if only one NIC is used?

I understand from wikipedia that autonegotiate of SATA speed with
VT8237R fails, but what about VT8237RP? Not a huge problem though, I
plan to get a disk that accepts speed setting by a jumper.

Does RAID work with this south bridge?

Thanks, Erik

--
Erik Nørgaard