[OT] proper editor

cpghost cpghost at cordula.ws
Wed Oct 17 11:00:11 PDT 2007

On Tue, 16 Oct 2007 20:53:09 +0900
Byung-Hee HWANG <bh at izb.knu.ac.kr> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 08:47 +0300, Manolis Kiagias wrote:
> > Byung-Hee HWANG wrote:
> > > Hi there, I'm beginner.
> > >
> > > Please recommend for proper editor so that ...
> > > I want to practice *Python* under best environment ...
> > >
> > > vim, emacs, gedit, or notepad.exe, ...
>
> To tell truth, I really want to learn Python with a complex editor
> like Emacs. I feel so sorry for I object to your professional
> opinion;;

As others already pointed out, it doesn't really matter which
editor you use. Use the one you feel most comfortable with at
the moment.

Personally, I use Emacs' (Python Mode) to edit Python programs,
and try out code snippets in the Python Shell, either from
within a separate xterm, or, sometimes from within an Emacs
shell buffer. If you're on Windows though, it's probably easier
to simply use the editor that comes with IDLE. It's good enough
for most cases and does syntax coloring too. :)

-cpghost.

--
Cordula's Web. http://www.cordula.ws/