Why 7.0 is so late ?

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Wed Oct 17 07:37:25 PDT 2007

 Le 17/10/2007 à 22:25:33+0800, Erich Dollansky a écrit
> Hi,
>
> Albert Shih wrote:
>> Hi all
>> Anyone known why this time the release of 7.0 is so late ? In generaly the
>> date on http://www.freebsd.org/releng/index.html is alway very optimist.
>> But this time it's almost 5 mounth (annonced june 2007).
>
> while companies like Microsoft must publish in time to make the share
> holders happy, FreeBSD can afford to wait until the programmers are
> convinced that their work is good enough for the public.

Yes this thing I known (I'm working with FreeBSD since 4.1).

My question is not very clear, what I'm asking is where, in what part of
the code of 7.x, are the problems. In the ULE ? in compatibility between ports and
gcc 4.2, ZFS, etc...

Regards.

--
Albert SHIH