www.freebsd.org won't load in IE 7.x in vista box.

J65nko j65nko at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 06:07:57 PDT 2007

On 10/16/07, Lisandro Grullon <lisandrogrullon07 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all users,
> After troubleshooting from all angles this problem i have run out of imagination/sense. I loaded a machine with Windows Vista a work and try accessing the www.freebsd.org website. The web site didn't load, yet I try again in 10 other machines to see if it was a machine issue. Lastly I try loading the size in a Windows XP machine and it works ok. What seems to be the problem in this case? I have run out of ideas and even ask a few colleges at work and they don't seem to have a clue either. Please advise. Lisandro grullon

>From the section "Compatibility problems" of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TCP_window_scale_option

"TCP Window Scaling is widely implemented in the Windows Vista
operating system. Because many routers do not properly implement TCP
Window Scaling, it can cause a users Internet connection to
malfunction intermittently for a few minutes, then appear to start
working again for no reason. If "diagnose problem" is selected in
Vista, an error message will be displayed "cannot communicate with
primary DNS server."
"