xorg driver bug

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon Oct 15 11:04:01 PDT 2007

On Sun, Oct 14, 2007 at 10:37:10PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:
> 	Guys,
>
> 	Has anybody with any Dell run into this before?  I just got a new
> 	Matrox with 32M of video ram.  Run with the "mga" driver, X comes
> 	up extremely dark.  If I change the driver to the "vesa" X comes
> 	up with normal brightness but the resolution is terrible.  At
> 	most 640x480.  tHis could be a hardware bug;I'm hoping it is
> 	just not having selected the right driver.
>
> 	Anybody know what to try next?

	Update, and no-joy: i've added Modes lines, tried different flags.
	Still, using the "mga" drivr gives a dark screen; only the "vesa" works.
	none of the xorg config toools work.  The Matroc Millennium G450
	is brand new, so doubt it's the card.  The previous card had the
	same problem--way to dark--soI got this new card.

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix