How to create a user account with the same permission as "root" ?

Byung-Hee HWANG bh at izb.knu.ac.kr
Thu Oct 11 08:02:38 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-11 at 19:17 +0800, williamkow wrote:
> Finally, I manage to setup X.org and then KDE 3.5.4 running on FreeBSD
> 6.2-Release.
> I created a user account named "william" and do not assign any group as
> I do not know what are the list of group name for me to select. To start
> KDE, i use command "kdm" but I can only logon using the newly created
> user name "william", but it do not have same permission/access rights as
> "root" account.
> Please show on how to enable this user account, with the same permission
> as root ?

In my case, william is better than root. I can never login to my GNOME
desktop through GDM by root. A root account is absolutely useless to me.

--
Byung-Hee HWANG <bh at izb.knu.ac.kr>

"Will you send this to him?"
"Sure, sure. You forget about Mikey, he no the man for you anymore."
		-- Kay Adams and Mrs. Corleone, "Chapter 15", page 235