iSCSI and multi-terabyte support?

Kurt Buff kurt.buff at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 12:20:59 PDT 2007

At my place of work, we're looking at implementing a SAN, most likely
with iSCSI, some time next year, and likely about 5-10TBytes.

I was wondering if FreeBSD could provide this on COTS hardware, but my
googling hasn't been successful.

>From my reading of this list over the past couple of years, it seems
that both parts of the solution - iSCSI support and large disk support
- are still problematic, but I'd like to hear more informed opinion,
as the potential cost savings is quite large.

Anyone have recent-ish experience putting something like this together?

Kurt