/usr/X11R6 before /usr/local in ldconfig?

Joshua Isom jrisom at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 23:41:30 PDT 2007

I noticed the other that that in -STABLE that /usr/X11R6 was in front
of /usr/local for libraries.  This results in any port that uses a
library from another port to look for /usr/X11R6 first, and then
/usr/local.  I don't know if this would cause any real problems other
than confusion for people, but with the Xorg upgrade that installs into
/usr/local, is this just an oversight?  I'm not too familiar with the
details of how FreeBSD loads libraries(although I have noticed at least
one peculiarity), so I don't know if any serious issues can happen(I
renamed X11R6 and things worked ok).