xmms crashing at startup

Robert Marella rmarella at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 14:17:37 PDT 2007

On Sat, 22 Sep 2007 09:46:36 -0400
Robert Huff <roberthuff at rcn.com> wrote:

> Manolis Kiagias writes:
>
> >  I believe this started after upgrading to Xorg-7.3:
> >
> >  sonic at freebsdgr:~$ xmms
> >  Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
> >    serial 1492 error_code 8 request_code 72 minor_code 0
> >  Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
> >    serial 1493 error_code 8 request_code 72 minor_code 0
> >
> >  I tried uninstalling and recompiling the port, nothing changed.
> >  I also can't find anything meaningful about this in Google. Any
> > ideas?
>
> 	Same here, with slight variation:
>
> Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
>   serial 2435 error_code 8 request_code 72 minor_code 0
>

> 				Robert Huff

Has anything been done to correct this? I am still experiencing this on
two separate machines. One of which is running i386 and the other
amd64. Both are running Stable and xorg 7.3

[robert at asus64] ~> xmms
Gdk-ERROR **: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)

All ports are up to date as of today.

Thanks

Robert