PHP4 v. php4-4.4.7_2 refuse to upgrade …

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Thu Oct 4 14:11:30 PDT 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007 22:44:55 Kevin Kinsey wrote:

> I'd advise moving to PHP5 now.  It doesn't hurt much.

That's a loaded statement. "It didn't hurt much for me" would be more to the
point. I'm also advising to move to PHP 5, but don't just install it and wait
for your customers/vistors to call with their problems.
There's a few extensions that have been abandoned, if you use one of those,
you're in for a surprise - also some functions behave slightly different. I'd
do some solid research first or better, copy your apps to a test machine
running php 5, test everything, then let your peers test everything and then
let a spider crawl through it.

--
Mel