portsdb

Philip M. Gollucci pgollucci at ridecharge.com
Wed Oct 3 21:17:02 PDT 2007

Rem P Roberti wrote:
> On 2007.10.04 00:00:41 +0000, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>> Rem P Roberti wrote:
>>> Ok...this one must have slipped past me.  I attempted to udate the ports tree with the usual portsdb -Fu and
>>> discover that there is no access to freebsd.org.  What have I missed?
>> Its not just you -- try a mirror.
>>
>> If I didn't know better, I would say a router on the internet that
>> freebsd.org is behind is having issues.
>>
>> This has been sporadically happening a lot recently for a lot of people.
>>
>>> Rem
>
> Ok...it looks as though it isn't something on this end.  I'm pretty much a newbie, and would like to know how
> to use portsdb in conjunction with a mirror.  TIA.
Well normally you would use a mirror -- I misread that as cvsup not
portsdb.  The -F option:

  -F
     --fetchindex   Fetch the ports index file called INDEX from the
		    official site.

If you haven't tweaked your ports tree you should be able to just to
portsdb -u for now.

Philip M. Gollucci (philip at ridecharge.com) c:323.219.4708 o:703.749.9295x206
Senior System Admin - Riderway, Inc.
http://riderway.com / http://ridecharge.com
1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.