Dual Boot Vista - Large Sector Issue

compunction compunction at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 18:23:17 PDT 2007

I am trying to install FreeBSD on the same drive as Vista in a dual boot
configuration.  FDISK is reporting the normal geometry errors and it is also
stating that my Vista partition does not start on a sector boundary.  I
chose to ignore these errors, but when I was creating the last slice on the
drive I got an error about not being able to create partition.  I did some
research and I think the issue is related to the way Vista is creating
partitions.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923332
http://www.multibooters.co.uk/partitions.html

Does anyone know if/when fdisk will support this new partition layout?

Thanks
Mark