linux-flashplugin9 (usable?)

Predrag Punosevac punosevac at math.arizona.edu
Wed Oct 3 17:04:12 PDT 2007

Aryeh Friedman wrote:
>> youtube -dl and clive work flawlessly. You can also use clive to convert
>> .flv to friendlier formats.
>> I have never had a luck with those adds on for Firefox. Even their ftp
>> client sucks. That is way I use Opera and Lynx.
>> Do not get me wrong. I am recommending Opera's  ftp or bittorrent client
>> for the serious users but it is good to know that you have them and that
>> they work. Opera also has a very solid mail client and slue of other
>> features to be desired by Firefox.
>>
>> My experience with Firefox adds on is miserable.
>>

> How well would this work for viewing static flash content (i.e. stuff
> like the charts from good ananylitics)

It would not work at all. This is only solution for YouTube and Google
video. It does not even work for
other sites with flash videos (at least I had no success).

For the static content (let say one stock market chart ) linux flash
plugin 7 used in the native browser via nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.4_2 works
perfectly.
It works better than in Linux browser. Make sure your linux plugin
wrapper is deinstalled before you install
nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.4_2

I left a detailed how to in one of the threads about the flash from
August I think.