HP Server compatability

Jerry McAllister jerrymc at msu.edu
Tue Oct 2 08:00:15 PDT 2007

On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 10:44:26AM -0400, Tim Kellers wrote:

> Thanks Jerry. I appreciate it. This HP stuff is uncharted water(s) for me.

Well, it should look just the same as using the Dell stuff, except
there might be a couple different device driver names and the escape
to BIOS during boot might be a different key.  All else should be
just the same.    If you got SCSI (or SAS) disk, about the only
different driver might be the NIC and possibly a RAID card driver
and they work, just have different names.

////jerry