best spam filter port(s) for postfix?

Gerard gerard at seibercom.net
Mon Oct 1 03:09:14 PDT 2007

On October 01, 2007 at 01:21AM Martin Hepworth wrote:

> On 9/30/07, Pollywog <lists-fbsd at shadypond.com> wrote:

> > for

> > > I use mailscanner with sendmail which uses spamassasin with clamav.  All
> > > from the ports.
> >
> > I used Mailscanner at one time, but it is not recommended for use with
> > Postfix
> > because mail can be lost.  It never happened to me, but it has happened to
> > others.  I believe the Postfix website mentions these problems.

> Mailscanner and postfix is perfect combination...no problems with the
> correct installation type.
>
> http://wiki.mailscanner.info/doku.php?id=documentation:configuration:mta:postfix:politics
>
> --
> Martin

Please don't "Top Post". It makes following the thread more difficult
than it needs to be.

As for 'Mailscanner', the only real problem is that it is not on
Wietse's Christmas card list. Mailscanner is regularly lambasted on
the Postfix forum. You might want to ask your question regarding its
suitability for your particular configuration there, and possibly on
the Mailscanner forum directly. Obviously, these two opposing groups
disagree as to whom to attribute any problems that arise between the
interaction of these two programs.

--
Gerard