Is it a way to run xorg with an ati radeon x1200

Sebastien seba.group at sinux.net
Mon Oct 1 01:56:05 PDT 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to install 6.2-amd64 on a notebook. I've some difficulties
with xorg-7.3 and the video card. It's an Amilo pa 2510 with an ati
radeon X1200 (series?) video card and a wxga 1280x800 wild screen.

I heard that the xf86-video-radeonhd driver may support this video card,
but it seems experimental and I didn't find it as port. I've find some
thread saying that it's possible to compile the driver under freebsd but
I haven't be able to do so.

Is it a way to run a stable X with this kind of hardware ?

Thank you.