who wrote this

Michaël Grünewald michael.grunewald at laposte.net
Fri Nov 30 05:13:20 PST 2007

Boris Samorodov <bsam at ipt.ru> writes:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 22:14:30 -0800 Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
>
>> Fundamentally, you have to be educated to understand it.  FreeBSD
>> is first and formost, for the educated computer user.
>
> Ted, you may exchange famous Hitler's quotes with your highly educated
> friends, laugh at Hirosima's anecdotes with your highly educated
> japanese friends, etc. But every educated person should understand
> what may be done privately and what should be done publicly.

Making fun out of Hitler or Hiroshima is not in question here. Not every
fortune cookie is supposed to be funny. Some of them are quotes from wise
men, some from foolish ones, etc.; whenever the fortune program picks
one and shows it to you, it's a side of human kind you see.

Speaking of Hitler publicly is done in every school, which is relevant
since we can be sure a new Hitler will come on day or the other to the
Earth; and we all want to recognize him as quickly as possible.

(BTW, it seems you have totally misunderstood Ted's position.)
--
Cheers,
Michaël