Broadcom - complete version

Miguel Alcántara miguel.alc at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 13:29:20 PST 2007

Sorry, I don't know what could happen, it's no the first time(maybe gmail,
or safari browser). Well, I must rewrite all over again.
I have a laptop compaq presario f500 with a wireless integrated chip, which
is a Broadcom one, it has winxp, fbsd6.2, rofreesbie. I had tested many
times trying to load the bcmwl5_sys module generated with ndisgen, but all
my tries finished in reboots, it was not possible no have some information
from any log, the only information showed was about memory address.

The same steps with RoFreeSBIE works!!. But from FBSD6.2:

#pciconf -lv

outputs:

class=0x028000 card=0x1375103c chip=0x431114e4 rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
vendor='Broadcom Corporation'  class=network

As you can see, there is already a memory address for broadcom, so, when I
try to load bcmwl5_sys, there are memory address problems. I'd like to know
if my theory is correct or just sucks. And if that is correct what could I
do?.

Thanks, this is the third time that I send this message.(this time with
firefox)

--
$ miguel_alcántara $

low mode