Secure remote shell

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Thu Nov 29 00:07:33 PST 2007

> ssh using key authentication and sudo configured to allow a certain
> user to run the needed commands and only the needed commands as root.
> rsh? Are you living in a cave? :)

Thanks for the replies.

The original script was written at the cave era, only I am trying to
improve it today.

Would that be better? Using key authentication so ssh needs no
password (and key access limit to limit the client connecting via ssh)
and limiting sudo to run only the mentionned script.

/usr/bin/ssh remote_user at remote_machine.com /usr/local/bin/sudo /usr/local/sbin/remove_user foor_bar

TIA.

Olivier