Difficulties establishing VPN tunnel with IPNAT

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Tue Nov 27 19:19:55 PST 2007

As I recall the "via" keyword was a later addition to ipfw, the
way you wrote it is the same thing - the earlier form I used works
on both old and new ipfw  (not that it probably matters much nowadays)

Use whichever is more clear to you - the gist of it is to use the
ipfw rulesets to keep the traffic that doesen't need attention of
natd, out of userland.

Ted