[OT] who wrote this

neal kneel.pardoe at virgin.net
Mon Nov 26 10:14:54 PST 2007

On Monday 26 November 2007, eBoundHost: Artur wrote:
> >Lets also remember that history is written by the
> > victors, which means they LIE!
> >neal.
>
> Wow neal, that's very nice of you.

What is? Surely this is not the first time you have heard
this said about history.

> are you saying that
> hitler didn't do any of these things?

What I was saying was contained in the post, there were no
words missing, it was all there, complete.

> I'm not even going
> to respond to you here, just going to re-post your words
> to show that there are still people like you out there...

Oh, you took this personally as if it was an insult directed
at you. This is one of the problems when viewing with
combative mind set.

> And as far as your sage to the moon quote, don't think
> too much of your own sagedom, there is always someone
> younger and smarter.

Despite the failure of the 'message', it was honestly sent
*to* you not *at* you as you seem to think.

how about "we do not see the world as it is but as we are".

> You would be better off being a
> little less "sagy" and a bit nicer.

Thanks, but you are not in a position to determine how I
might be better or worse off.

> Now to the rest of you who are for some reason turning
> this into a Censorship issue.  It's not.  I'm asking to
> replace the text on the HTML front page with a completely
> unnecessary reference to hitler.  We're not talking about
> pruning the quotes database for controversial speakers.
>  having hitlers name there does nothing positive for the
> project and polarizes the viewing audience because it
> offends the vast majority of people, 99% of whom are not
> going to spend an evening writing to a mailing list to
> have the issue fixed. They won't think about the deep
> philosophical reasons why this should be there in
> principle.  They are going to read the page and think to
> themselves that the freebsd community are a bunch of
> jerks.

No, that is what it says to *you*. You are not everyone
else.

> There are far better ways to express the thought than by
> simply saying "hitler quotes".  For instance it can be
> replaced with "controversial persons" or something
> similar.

So it is about censorship. You want the name 'Hitler' erased
from existence.