HP Deskjet 9800 with hpijs driver

Erin McNew tuxgirl at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 22:50:15 PST 2007

I've been trying to get my photo printer working recently, and seem to have
run into a bit of a snag.  I just tried to print out a picture as a test,
and instead of a picture, I got: PCL commands across the top of one page of
photo paper, and the printer spewed the rest of my paper out empty (taught
me an important lesson about testing without having large quantities of
photo paper in the printer...)
Anyway, I was looking on google, and I don't seem to see other people having
this problem, but I'm not sure what I could've done wrong.  I'm using the
hpijs driver, which is supposed to work perfectly under linux, and works
perfectly for my other hp printer.  Is this printer just not supported by
FreeBSD?  I couldn't find anything that stated directly either way in my
quick googling, so I was hoping somebody here might have some ideas for
things to check, etc.

Thanks!
~TuxGirl

--