Difficulties establishing VPN tunnel with IPNAT

Roger Olofsson raggen at passagen.se
Sat Nov 24 14:07:28 PST 2007

Hello again Jerahmy,

I would suggest that you verify what port(s) and protocol(s) 'Sonic Wall
Global VPN Client' needs to work.

I would also suggest that you look in the logfile from ipf to see what
it's blocking and when.

My guess is that the VPN client is using a protocol like IPSEC (IP
protocol 50) and possibly port 500 (IKE) for which you will have to
activate the ipnat proxy.

map WAN internal_ip/24 -> 0.0.0.0/32 proxy port 500 ipsec/udp

You might also try to disable the blocking of fragged packets. For some
VPN clients this can cause problems.

Good luck!

/Roger

>>> J.