FreeBSD 7.0

kasthurirangan balaji m_kb18 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 22 23:10:06 PST 2007

Hi,

I am using FreeBSD 6.1 on my laptop. I understand that
FreeBSD 7.0 will have ZFS file system. I did go
through the sun website to understand the advantages
of ZFS. Given that, will FreeBSD have a
BTree/B+Tree(replicating c++ multimaps, but file
based) by default on ZFS which i guess should be very
useful for persons like me who do not want a full
fledged database with all SQL features. I am aware of
the existence of dbm/ndbm/gdbm, but i guess all
support hash. If my thoughts are wrong, pls correct
me. I also hope that i have sent to the correct
mailing list.

Thanks,
Balaji.