How do I prevent a port from installing?

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Thu Nov 22 10:10:41 PST 2007

Hello all,

I don't know what the story is, but Java is locking up my
system badly.  Even if I knew how to get details, I wouldn't
be able to because the system is completely unresponsive.

As a workaround, I have gone into /usr/ports/distfiles and
renamed the jdk* files to names with DO-NOT-INSTALL in
capital letters and linked the original filenames to /dev/null.

I do not want java installing again on this system ever under
any circumstances.

With java, at least, I believe I have to download the files by
hand if there is ever an update.  But what if I identify other
ports that are causing me problems?

Also, in deinstalling jdk, I found that apache-ant relied upon
it, but I couldn't see what depended on apache-ant.  Is there
a workaround for apache-ant?

Thanks!

--
David Benfell, LCP
benfell at parts-unknown.org
---
Resume available at http://www.parts-unknown.org/
NOTE: I sign all messages with GnuPG (0DD1D1E3).