Via C7 Processor (CPU) - cpufreq and make.conf support

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Thu Nov 22 06:29:20 PST 2007

On Oct 24, 2007, at 2:20 AM, Erik Cederstrand wrote:

> I know this is not an answer, but why not just upgrade to 7.0 if you
> need the C7 support?

I'm on 7B3, but when I look at /usr/src/share/examples/etc/make.conf,
I just see this

# Currently the following CPU types are recognized:
#   Intel x86 architecture:
#       (AMD CPUs)      opteron athlon64 athlon-mp athlon-xp athlon-4
#                       athlon-tbird athlon k8 k6-3 k6-2 k6 k5
#       (Intel CPUs)    core2 core nocona pentium4m pentium4 prescott
#                       pentium3m pentium3 pentium-m pentium2
#                       pentiumpro pentium-mmx pentium i486 i386
#       (Via CPUs)      c3 c3-2
#   Alpha/AXP architecture: ev67 ev6 pca56 ev56 ev5 ev45 ev4
#   AMD64 architecture: opteron, athlon64, nocona, prescott, core2
#   Intel ia64 architecture: itanium2, itanium

I should note that it appears that the example make.conf is

# $FreeBSD: src/share/examples/etc/make.conf,v 1.279 2007/01/17
12:43:06 des Exp $

But I'm using csup tracking *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_7

So can someone point me to where I should look for current (well, 7)
information on configuring for Via CPUs?

-j