xdm woes

Rolf G Nielsen listreader at lazlarlyricon.com
Tue Nov 20 12:32:53 PST 2007

Wojciech Puchar wrote:
>> pushing aqnd releasing the power button, so the OS shuts down using
>> ACPI). This happens every time. No matter what window manager I use.
>> But it only happens when I use xdm. If I start X with startx, it shuts
>> down cleanly and returns to the tty from which I ran startx.
>
> how you start xdm?
>
> from ttys or manually? strange - anyway

I've started it from ttys a few times, but I gave up after a few days.
Since then I've tried starting it manually (both with and without the
-nodaemon option) every time I've upgraded something related to either
the system or X. Last time a few hours ago, just before I wrote my
original mail about this, after upgrading xorg-server from 1.4_2,1 to
1.4_3,1.

--

Sincerly,

Rolf Nielsen