Basically: why such troubles with KDE audio?

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Tue Nov 20 10:55:52 PST 2007

	Folks,

	Long-short-short, at least two Gnome-type players work:
	sound-juicer and gnome-cd.  But KsCD gives no audio.

	I am logged in as root while doing this initial testing,
	after Roland Smith <rsmith at xs4all.nl>, noted that my
	mountpoints had to be chown'd to [username].   I do want to use
	tools like K3B so the cc to the kde-freebsd list.    But still
	wondering, even tho I can get the KDE CD play  to display, and to
	act as tho it is working---the digits count, the slider moves:
	nothing from the speakers.  When I bring up gnome-cd, I have
	audio.

	Suggestions from KDE-land, please?

	thanks for some light,

	gary