FreeBSD, 160GB HD, and a Bios limitation

Christoper Tucker tucker at claw.ees.com
Mon Nov 19 02:05:15 PST 2007

Hi there

I have a 600mhz PIII computer with an older BIOS that will not recognize
my 160GB new HD that I installed for use with FreeBSD.

I can install FBSD if I limit the drive to 32GB, but before I settle with
that, is there a way I can access the entire drive ... perhabs by using a
smaller drive to install on, then by mounting the larger drive? Or is
there a way I can do this by booting off a floppy/CD/compactflash media?

Thanks for any response!

Chris