Website

Frank Shute frank at esperance-linux.co.uk
Sun Nov 18 14:12:25 PST 2007

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 11:07:11AM -0800, Jason C. Wells wrote:

> Frank Shute wrote:
> >On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 10:42:57AM -0600, Chris wrote:
> >
> ** pissing contest snipped **
>
> One of the questions I like to ask myself before I post to the list is,
> "Will my reply add value to the individual poster or the community at
> large?"

FYI your reply didn't add any value. So I guess you shouldn't have
posted it.

My problem is with the original non-question and the frequency that
stupid non-questions/questions appear on this list.

If people ask stupid questions, it's about time people got picked up
for it; or this list will deteriorate into questions that can be looked
up in the handbook, faq or archive.

I *expect* as a courtesy to the other people on this list that any
poster who has a question has done his homework before posting.

Too frequently that is not the case. In which case, IMO, they're just
being rude and wasting other people's time quite apart from bandwidth.

When they do that (and compound their original sin) they deserve every
bit of abuse & scorn poured upon them.

> It's a great question to consider before sending.  The purpose
> behind the open source movement is to contribute value to one another.

No lectures on what the OS movement is or isn't thanks. I added
"value", the original poster added fuck all apart from sarcasm. I
simply took a large stick to the ratbag for doing so.

How about answering the original question? I think it went something
like this:

"There's a website broken."

Well, Jason, how about answering? Or are you more interested in getting
on your high horse than casting light about this mysterious broken
website?

FWIW, http://www.freebsd.org/ works for me.

--

 Frank