portupgrade stale dependency cannot fix ...

Kiffin Gish kiffin.gish at planet.nl
Sun Nov 18 04:38:20 PST 2007

When I try to upgrade my ports:

# portupgrade -arR

I keep getting the error meessage:

Stale dependency: python24-2.4.4_2 <-- evolution-data-server-1.12.1_1 --
manually run 'pkgdb -F' to fix, or specify -O to force.

So I run:

# pkdb -F

and all I get is:

--->  Checking the package registry database

before returning to the prompt, e.g. nothing happens. When I re-run
portupgrade I just get the same as above in a viscious circle of
frustartion.

I've tried pkg_delete -f and then reinstalling, but this does not help
either.

portsb -Uu doesn't help either.

Is there some easy way to start fresh by removing ports flotsam?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Kiffin Gish <kiffin.gish at planet.nl>