What do I put in fstab to get my DVD/CDROM burner to work?

Joshua Isom jrisom at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 00:55:37 PST 2007

On Nov 16, 2007, at 10:56 PM, Yeef wrote:

> this is work for me  freebsd 6.2-RELEASE
>
> /dev/acd0               /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto       0
>  0
>
> you should use root mount it.

Or set vfs.usermount to 1, if I remember right.  I can't recall what's
the proper method for setting it at boot, rc.conf or loader.conf.  The
default is 0, which is what I have it set to, more to annoy me than
security(personal server behind a buggy router/firewall).

I have a dvd-rw and cd-rw in the same box, and I haven't recalled any
problems with access(except from dvd speed which I'm hoping for an
answer or fix for) or writing.