jails in 6.3 and 7.0

Jonathan Horne freebsd at dfwlp.com
Wed Nov 14 08:32:39 PST 2007

I was reading a while back that the jails tcp system was getting an overhaul, possibly in the 7.0 release.  I don't remember all the particulars, but things along the lines to make jails function even more like a real (independant) system.  I believe one of the improvments might have been a separate virtual interface, thus allowing he jail to have its own pf configuration.

I've not seen anything else on this topic, so I was wondering if anyone might know if that's going to make in to 7 (and possibly backported to 6.3)?

--
Jonathan Horne
http://dfwlpiki.dfwlp.org
freebsd at dfwlp.com