PHP can not find core function

doug at safeport.com doug at safeport.com
Wed Nov 14 07:56:17 PST 2007

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007, Yuri Pankov wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 01:40:08AM -0500, doug at safeport.com wrote:
>> I am trying to evaluate two php billing programs, One gives no errors,
>> syntax or otherwise, the other fails to find the mysql_real_escape_string
>> function.
>>
>> I the later case I assume I have a path problem. It seems that something in
>> the code of the first program is turning off errors. Both programs work on
>> FreeBSD 4.11 and php4. The failing system is FreeBSD 6.2 and php5.
>>
>> My setup:
>>
>> php.conf
>>   PHP_VER=5
>>   PHP_VERSION=5.2.4
>>   PHP_SAPI=cli cgi mod
>>
>> php.ini is php.ini-recommended with the following changes:
>>
>>   display_errors = On
>>   display_startup_errors = On
>>   ignore_repeated_source = On
>>   track_errors = On
>>   include_path = ".:/php/includes"
>>
>> The following ports are installed:
>>
>>   php5-5.2.4_1        PHP Scripting Language
>>   php5-session-5.2.4_1 The session shared extension for php
>>   php5-xml-5.2.4_1    The xml shared extension for php
>>
>> phpinfo() shows the configure command as:
>>
>> './configure' '--with-layout=GNU'
>> '--with-config-file-scan-dir=/usr/local/etc/php' '--disable-all'
>> '--enable-libxml' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr/local' '--enable-reflection'
>> '--program-prefix=' '--with-apxs=/usr/local/sbin/apxs' '--with-regex=php'
>> '--with-zend-vm=CALL' '--disable-ipv6' '--prefix=/usr/local'
>> '--mandir=/usr/local/man' '--infodir=/usr/local/info/'
>>
>> I am not sure what else is relevant. I am quite lost, any help is greatly
>> appreciated.
>>

>> _____
>> Douglas Denault
>> http://www.safeport.com
>> doug at safeport.com
>> Voice: 301-469-8766
>>   Fax: 301-469-0601
>
> I guess it's not "core" function and is provided by databases/php5-mysql
> extension.
>

> Yuri

I will try that Yuri - thanks. I based my assumption of the "coreness" of the
function based on (my understanding of) php,net description when I looked up the
function. Is there documentation noting which functions are in the various
extensions? I had previously installed the mysql extension which did not work.

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com
doug at safeport.com