Claws+spamd: No spam is detected

Bahman M. b.movaqar at adempiere.org
Mon Nov 12 01:05:05 PST 2007

On 2007-11-11 Martin Hepworth wrote:
> HI
>
> you need to tell the MTA to pass email through spamassassin/clamav
> somehow. Depending on what you're MTA is (sendmail/exim/postfix etc)
> its different.
>
> try "sendmail spamassassin" for example in google..
>
> --
> martin
>
> On Nov 11, 2007 4:13 PM, Bahman M. <b.movaqar at adempiere.org> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have Claws-Mail and spamd installed (from ports) and although I
> > have been using this combination -I've been been manually marking
> > all spams as 'spam'- for more than 2 months, still _no_ spam
> > message is detected.
> >
> > I've followed the instructions on Claws/spamd wiki.  I've got the
> > followings in /etc/rc.conf:
> >    spamd_enable="YES"
> >    spamd_flags="-C /usr/local/etc/spamd -i 127.0.0.1 -p 783 -u
> > spamd -d -l"
> > Also Claws configuration parameters exactly match the spamd_flags
> > above.
> >

> > System information:
> > % uname -a
> > FreeBSD attila 6.2-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 6.2-RELEASE-p7 #2: Fri Sep  7
> > 14:23:40 IRST 2007     root at attila:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HELIUM  i386
> >
> > % spamd -V
> > SpamAssassin Server version 3.2.3
> >   running on Perl 5.8.8
> >   with SSL support (IO::Socket::SSL 1.08)
> >   with zlib support (Compress::Zlib 2.006)
> >
> > % claws-mail --version
> > Claws Mail version 3.0.0
> >
> > What am I doing wrong?  What should I do to enable Claws/spamd
> > detect spam? I'd appreciate any hint/help.

You mean spam doesn't get detected unless I run a MTA -configured to
pass emails to spamd?

I thought Claws could communicate with spamd on its own without any need
to a MTA (corrections?).

--
Bahman Movaqar

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little
Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
-Benjamin Franklin