can't think of program

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Sun Nov 11 19:14:39 PST 2007

On Sun, 11 Nov 2007 19:41:23 -0600
Dan Nelson <dnelson at allantgroup.com> wrote:

> > 	I am blanking on the name of this program,  My mind says it
> > should be "expect", but that's not right.
>
> Trust your mind :)  It's expect.

which is part of the ports tree:
/usr/ports/lang/expect

$ cat /usr/ports/lang/expect/pkg-descr
Expect is a program that performs programmed dialogue with other
interactive programs.  It is briefly described by its man page, expect(1).

It uses pseudo-tty's to control the child processes, so it is not affected
by programs that refuse to read from stdin or pipes. (eg: passwd(1) etc).

WWW: http://expect.nist.gov/
FAQ: http://expect.nist.gov/FAQ.html