port build order

Erik Cederstrand erik at cederstrand.dk
Sun Nov 11 13:15:57 PST 2007

Aryeh M. Friedman wrote:

> How do I get a list of ports that need to be made before a port is
> made given the following:
>
> Note: Sorry for the *CAPS* stuff but I am using my standard specs
> formating
>
> 1. The list *MUST* be in build order with the first port either being
> the first or last line (make missing or pkg_info search=XXX
> display=bdeps,rdeps)
> 2. If the package is already installed it *MUST NOT* appear on the list
>
> The goal here is for any given port I want to be able to build each
> dependency one at a time (to do some testing) and I have found hand
> tracing through the dependency list on the web site to be extremely
> tedious

I don't think there's anything which does exactly what you want, but you
could start with 'make pretty-print-build/run-depends-list' and script
your way through from there. Since what you're trying to do is what the
ports infrastructure already does, you could always take a look at the
code. bsd.ports.mk is what you want, I think.

Erik