FreeBSD pam.d proftpd problem

Riccardo Giuntoli taglio at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 12:48:31 PST 2007

On Nov 11, 2007 9:26 PM, Beech Rintoul <beech at freebsd.org> wrote:

>[snip]
>
> Have you checked the following?
>
> FreeBSD
> -------
>
> To use PAM with ProFTPD, you must edit /etc/pam.conf and add the
> following lines (if they are not already present):
>
>   ftpd auth    required    pam_unix.so         try_first_pass
>   ftpd account required    pam_unix.so         try_first_pass
>   ftpd session required    pam_permit.so
>
> In your proftpd.conf, you'll need to set AuthPAMConfig to 'ftpd'.  PAM
> authentication should now work properly.

Hi Beech, thank you for answer. I've just try it but it doesn't work.
always same error "421 Service not available, remote server has closed
connection". It's very strange cause i use other two ProFTPD with
freebsd, 1.3.1rc1 on 5.5-STABLE and a 1.3.1rc2 on 6.2-STABLE.

> Beech

Best Regards, Riccardo Giuntoli
--
Name: Riccardo Giuntoli
Email: taglio at gmail.com
Homepage: http://www.luxoro.org/
Location: Genova, Italy
PGP Key: 0x67123739
PGP Fingerprint: CE75 16B5 D855 842FAB54 FB5C DDC6 4640 6712 3739
Key server: hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net