flash: linux firefox vs linuxpluginwrapper

Chuck Robey chuckr at chuckr.org
Sat Nov 10 18:30:43 PST 2007

Boris Samorodov wrote:
> On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 17:08:12 -0500 Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
>> Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

>> ----> cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-fc6 ; make install clean
>
>> There is now:
>> cd /usr/ports/emulators/linux_base-f7 ; make install clean
>> which you should use instead -- its newer :)

Wow, what great timing, I was just starting to look about for a browser
to give me flash.  Let me ask this again, both for my own use, and for
those folks (like me) who have googled this without success so far: if I
wanted, as far as possible, to stay with FreeBSD-native apps (but
willing to do whatever it takes, IF its the only way to success) how
does someone get to having a browser run on FreeBSD, with the main
requirement, that it run Flash.

Oh.  One more qualification (I can get a bit picky, I guess).  I notice
that there's a port for flashplugin9, not just 7.  Is there ANY setup
that allows flash9, not just flash7?  The only limitation I keep active
is, I don't run MS software.  No Windows.  I suppose, if it's the best
way, I could even choose Wine (does this make me a Wino?)

'Preciate this, I'm anxious to get started.  If I'm forced to it, I have
a great amount of disk, I would give as much disk as it needs, to get
this, I just need to overcome old prejudices over using too much disk.
I guess I can't get used to having gigabytes, not megabytes, to play with.