pkgdb failure

J. W. Ballantine jwb at homer.att.com
Fri Nov 9 05:34:00 PST 2007

After upgrading from 6-STABLE to 7-RELEASE, I tried to rebuild
all the packages from portupgrade -af I started getting the following
error messages.  The first once, the second multiple times, even
after I moved the pkgdb.db and did a pkgdb -fu.

[/usr/ports/INDEX-7.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument]
[Updating the portsdb <format:bdb_btree> in /usr/ports .
.. - 17746 port entries found /usr/ports/INDEX-7.db: unexpected file type or
format -- Invalid argument: Cannot update the portsdb!
(/usr/ports/INDEX-7.db)]

/var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument

Any ideas on what is causing this?

Thanks

Jim Ballantine