STILL cannot login as kline!

Adam J Richardson fatman at crackmonkey.us
Fri Nov 9 04:44:43 PST 2007

Gary Kline wrote:
> 	This is what is in my ~/.xsession-errors file:
>
> (process:1038): Gtk-WARNING **: This process is currently running setuid
> or setgid.
<snip>
> file '/var/tmp/gconfd-kline/lock/ior' not opened successfully, no gconfd
> located: No such file or directory)
> Can't remove file (null): Bad address
> gconf-sanity-check-2 did not pass, logging back out
> root at tao2:/home/kline#
>
> 	Clues, people?? I'm plumb out of ideas.
>
> 	gary

Hi Gary.

Your username is "kline" and the system's name is also kline? Which
would make you kline at kline. Perhaps the system doesn't like this kind of
thing. Is it possible that "kline" is some sort of reserved word (eg.
k-line)?

Does it still fail if you change to another user, perhaps "garyk"?

HtH,
Adam J Richardson