usb dongle

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 15:32:12 PST 2007

On 11/8/07, Jimmie James <jimmiejaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:
> > On 11/8/07, Jimmie James <jimmiejaz at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> I have a Broadcom BCM92035DGROM dongle, and this is what I'm seeing.
> >> I'm assuming it's not supported, (from the handbook: The Broadcom
> >> BCM2033 chip based Bluetooth devices are supported via the ubtbcmfw(4)
> >> and ng_ubt(4) drivers)
> >>
> >> Is there anyone that's gotten this model to work, or is it an exercise
> >> in futility?
> >
> > first of all, i doubt that BCM92035 is using 2033 chip. i think it is
> > uses different (2035?) chip.
> >
> > it also appears that this particular dongle may need to use special
> > non-standard initialization sequence.
> >
> > can you please check vendor id/product id pair for your dongle (use usbdevs(8)).
> >
> > 1) if it is (0x0a5c, 0x200a) then you could try to comment out "reset"
> > command in /etc/rc.d/bluetooth
> >
> > 2) if it is (x0a5c, 0x2009) then you out of luck - this device needs
> > special non-standard initialization sequence. ng_ubt(4) currently does
> > not support that. if i can get this dongle into my hands i can fix
> > ng_ubt(4)
> >
> > thanks,
> > max
> >

> I was searching google and came across these two threads,
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-bluetooth/2006-September/000788.html
> http://www.nabble.com/j2me-bluetooth-app-using-freebsd-bluetooth-stack-t2356546.html
>
> So it looked like it was possible...
>
> usbdevs -dv shows:
> port 1 addr 2: full speed, power 100 mA, config 1,
> BCM92035DGROM(0x0850), Broadcom(0x22b8), rev 1.09
>     ubt0

huh?? very strange. not sure why your dongle says its broadcom, where
is vendor id 0x22b8 is for motorola.  the product is 0850 seems to be
for motorola pc850 dongle.

1) please check /var/log/messages to see if there are any errors from
ng_ubt(4) driver

2) please install hcidump from ports (comms/hcidump) and then as root

make sure device is not connected

# kldload ng_btsocket -- this may fail if ng_btsocket module was
already loaded, ignore it.
# hcidump -w init.dump -- this will block

now attach the device and wait for it to fail

terminate hcidump with ^c and send me the init.dump  file

thanks,
max