Leopard on Mac with FreeBSD

Richard Tobin richard at inf.ed.ac.uk
Thu Nov 8 09:40:15 PST 2007

A couple of months ago I bought a new (Intel) Mac Mini, used Boot Camp
to partition the disk, and installed FreeBSD 6.2 in the second
partition.

Now I want to install Leopard, but it say "You cannot install Mac OS X
on this volume... repartition this disk as 'GUID Partition Table'.
Note: you will lose all data on this disk by repartitioning it".

According to the Mac OS disk utility, the disk has an MBR partition
map.  I thought it had both, but I no longer remember the exact
details of how I installed it.

Any suggestions as to how to get around this?  Preferably without
re-installing FreeBSD.

-- Richard