New FreeBSD art?

Steve Bertrand iaccounts at ibctech.ca
Wed Nov 7 18:07:29 PST 2007

Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> On 2007-11-07 13:49, James <jamesh at lanl.gov> wrote:
>> I know for sure. We shall rue the day beastie was ever demoted
>> to mere mascot.
>>
>> RUE I TELL YOU
>
> The beastie is here[1] to stay, no worries...
> [1] 'Here' as in anywhere I can attach a sticker :-)

...and now I'll elaborate on my last reply...

After I had thought about my comment, I realized that it might of
implied that some of my boxen were unreliable because of FreeBSD.

Of course that is the farthest from the truth, due to the fact that I
have never had a failure due to the FreeBSD OS itself [1], but always
problems occur because hardware failures. I still have boxen that run
FBSD 4.3 for legacy purposes, and it has *never* failed.

FreeBSD 4.3 - FreeBSD 6.2 currently in production. 7.0 in testing. It
just works. I was just hoping the BSDie logo's would make my hardware
think twice about failing ;)

[1] -- unless it was my negligence or -current testing that I was doing
on non-production gear.

Yay for BSDie! This thread will eventually turn into a flame war, so I
may as well put in my piece now!

Steve