IPFW show format question...

Eric F Crist ecrist at secure-computing.net
Tue Nov 6 17:39:58 PST 2007

So, everything I've read says that ipfw show displays rule number,
packets caught, bytes matched, and rule.  The problem I'm having is
that it seems that the bytes, at least on some rules, is way out of
whack.  I'm capturing this data for cacti, and trying to display
accumulated ipfw traffic.

If I zero my counters and download a file via FTP, the downloaded
sizes don't even compare.  61MB into the download, if I convert the
ipfw show from the supposed bytes into MB, it says I've downloaded
155MB.

Please help me understand this!

Thanks!
-----