KDE bookmarks??

Gary Kline kline at tao.thought.org
Mon Nov 5 22:18:16 PST 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 12:57:05AM +0000, Pollywog wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 November 2007 00:34:50 Gary Kline wrote:
> > Folks,
> >
> > As some of you know, i was configuring kkonquereor because it has
> > a link to the festival tts tool.  I let myself get careless with firefox;
> > bookmarked sites went in any-whichway.  With konq, I began creating
> > directories to which I added simial site, etc.
> >

> > I did save /home/kline when my ne system began having troubles.  Now i
> > am looking for the dozens of carefully added and edited URL's.  I can't
> > find the KDE Stuff anywhere.  I can find kbookmark, but it's empty in my
> > old/former /home/kline/* tree.   Anybody know where else i should be
> > looking?
>
> If you are looking for Firefox bookmarks, try ~/.mozilla/firefox/
> I have another directory there that begins with what appear to be random
> alphanumeric characters follwed by .default/   My bookmarks are in that
> directory.

	Your pointer to ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/ was what right on
	the money; thanks!  But it occured to me weeeks back that for
	some thing, possibly including the bookmarks filles, why not have
	a matching format??  If the firefox bookmarks are inn XML, then
	it would be possible to share bookmarks iff that were desired.

	...Just my two pnnies' worth.... .

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline at thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix