thunderbird eats all memory and dies

Yuri yuri at rawbw.com
Sun Nov 4 21:23:27 PST 2007

Hi,

Beginning from the time I last reinstalled FreeBSD from scratch I have my
thunderbird dying with the following message:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
  what():  St9bad_alloc
Abort trap (core dumped)

This is after it grows in memory to over 1GB in a few hours of idle existence.

I even forcibly reinstalled all dependent packages so that all shared libs used
by thunderbird are refreshed. But no improvement.

Thunderbird was recently upgraded to 2.0.0.8 but the problem didn't go away.

Anyone has the same issue?

Yuri