Problem with Apache22

Philip M. Gollucci pgollucci at riderway.com
Thu Nov 1 14:30:09 PDT 2007

>Peter Uthoff wrote:
>10:45:11  kernel: pid 66395 (httpd), uid 80: exited on signal 4 Oct 25

Can you provide either an strace or ktrace/kdump output from one of the
children.  Just attached to one let it die, then send the last 500 lines
or so of the output.

You probably have core dumps somewhere too -- a backtrace might be helpful.

Do you threading libraries match across the board for all software
(aka use ldd).

sysctls:
kern.sugid_coredump=1
kern.corefile=core.%N.%P

also,
cd /var/db/pkg ; /bin/ls -1 apache* php5* mysql* mod_*

>I don't believe the 'busy' message is accurate.
Correct.

>The sad part is that these all show no errors in their logs even with
>them turned up to debug level
Thats because the error is happening before the parent hands off the
request to the child.

This output might be helpful to others
cat /var/db/ports/apache22/options

Finally, Some snippets from the httpd.conf such as loaded modules and
other custom/non default things you have as well.

Philip M. Gollucci (philip at ridecharge.com)
o:703.749.9295x206
Senior System Admin - Riderway, Inc.
http://riderway.com / http://ridecharge.com
1024D/EC88A0BF 0DE5 C55C 6BF3 B235 2DAB  B89E 1324 9B4F EC88 A0BF

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.